In 1911, the Kingston Shipyards launched the Polana. She was to have a varied life. The 296 tonne steel vessel was built here in Kingston for the Department of Agriculture and was destined for the port of Quebec where she was used as a quarantine ship until 1930. Her name was changed to Jalobert when the Ministry of Marine and Fisheries took her over, and that remained her name for the next twenty years. She was eventually sold into private hands by the Ministry of Transport in 1954. During the following decades she underwent two further name changes – to Macassa and Queen City while serving first as a tug and later as a floating cottage and finally as a permanently moored restaurant in Windsor, Ontario.